"Mom, I'm eating an igloo."

Canned pears.
Danika the Kangaroo.
Yes, that is a toy kitten in her jammies.

So, last year when it was on sale we purchased a really cute pirate costume so the kids could wear it this year for Halloween. But, Danika wanted to be a cat. OK, I thought we only have one pirate costume, so Danika can be a cat. I sat down to make Danika a black skirt, ears and a tail. Immediately after I was done with Danika's costume Ruben did not want to be a pirate anymore. He wanted to be a cat. So
out with the nice store bought costume and
in with the homemade costumes made out of curtains. I feel like Maria...Whiskers on Kittens and snowflakes on eyelashes... um, brown paper packages tied up in strings...

...here is one of my favorite things...

Edmond and his blanket! Edmond is attached to his blanket that his Great Grandma Klingler made for him. First thing in the morning when I go to get him he says "blanket" and he insists that it comes out of the crib with him. He would drag it around all day if I let him. Usually I put it back in his crib until bedtime. Harley wants me to let him carry it around he said and I quote, "It will bring him joy". You may not know this, but Harley had a blanket that he dragged around until it was reduced to nothing but threads and even after it was just threads. He said that his blanket brought him a lot of joy when he was little. You should really see Edmond's face light up when he sees his blanket after a long day of being without it. He always goes to sleep while twisting the ties and sucking his thumb.
2 comments:
awe! too cute!! I love Edmond's blankie! I think its good when kids have a thing that soothes them!! Kenadee refuses to take a binky, but I wish she would take one so she can soothe herself with it! but oh well!! Hope you had a great weekend!
That is funny about the costumes. I tried to talk the girls into letting me sew something for them, but they could not decide anything that I could sew. Edmond is adorable.
Post a Comment